The Venue - Avantidrome
The purpose-built Avantidrome is New Zealand’s only UCI accredited track cycling venue, and offers a world class spectator experience. Opened in 2015, the venue has an intimate 1,500 seat spectator capacity and excellent facilities.
The Avantidrome is located at:
15 Hanlin Rd
Click here for a map to the venue.
DRIVING: The Avantidrome is located on the St Peters School grounds. It's a 5 minute drive from Cambridge and 20 minutes from central Hamilton.
If you’re coming from Hamilton, drive past the normal entrance via St Peters School, and turn into the same entrance as those coming from Cambridge. Traffic management will be in place to direct you to the right entrance.
If you’re coming from Cambridge, take the normal left turn into Hanlin Road.
CYCLING/WALKING: From Cambridge, it's a 5km ride or walk along the Te Awa River Ride to the Avantidrome. There is plenty of bike parking on site, just bring a bike lock.
Parking at the event is free, and there will be marshals to show where you to park. For those that require it, there is accessibility parking closer to the entrance.
From the carpark, cross the road to Gate 1 via the designated pedestrian crossing point. At the gate, get your ticket scanned by one of the volunteers and the head into the venue. You will walk through food vendors and exhibition sites before you arrive at the main entrance.
At the end of the morning sessions, spectators need to leave through the designated exit doors on the far side of the concourse (not the entrance door). This is so the venue can be cleared and cleaned before the next session.
If you have a ticket to the night session, follow the usher’s directions back to Gate 1 and you can re-enter the venue. The velodrome doors will open again once cleaning has taken place.
If you are not returning for the night session, follow the usher’s directions back to the carpark. Traffic management will be in place to monitor traffic flows.
For wheelchair users, there is a lift to the concourse and a ramp. Wheelchair accessible bathrooms are located on the ground floor of the building.
Did you know?!
You can watch the official training days (3 - 5 December 2019) for FREE!
You will find your section letter, row letter and seat number on your ticket. Please sit only in your designated seat. If the session is not full, you will be able to move to vacant seats. If you’re not able to find your seat, please seek assistance from one of our friendly usher team.
1. The temperature inside the velodrome will be around 30 degrees celsius. Wear light layers and drink heaps of water to stay hydrated.
2. The Avantidrome and the St Peters campus are smoke free. Please respect this and move offsite if you need to smoke.
3. While it can be tempting to look over the rail at the steepest points of the track, please keep away for your own safety and that of the riders. Remember to keep a close eye on any children you have with you and ensure they are supervised at all times.
4. For those of you in the front row, don’t rest or hang anything over the railings (including your feet and hands!). Athletes will ride close to the railing and you may endanger them.
5. If you are attending a night session, medal presentations will take place at the end of racing. If you can, please remain in your seats until these have finished out of respect for the riders.
Food & Drink
Food trucks will be operating on site and the Bikery Café will also be open.
You are welcome to bring your own food and water but please don’t bring any glass. Water coolers will be available on the concourse to re-fill your bottles.
An event programme will be available to purchase when you arrive. There is no ATM at the venue so please bring cash.
Start Lists & Results
Start lists and results will be available on the Tissot timing website. The website is mobile friendly so you will be able to keep track from your smart phone.
Follow our social media accounts by clicking on the links below! The official event hashtags are: #TWCNZ and #TissotUCITrackWC
Tickets are available to purchase at Ticketek from 1 August 2019.